Senatorial Scholarship

Please do not send your application by certified or registered mail or by a delivery service where a signature will be required.

Below you will find the link to my Senatorial Scholarship Questionnaire which must be completed and returned to my District Office by close of business on Friday, April 15, 2017. Eligible institutions to which Senatorial Scholarship awards may be made include in-state institutions whose curricula have been approved by the State Department of Education and out-of-state institutions when the student’s major course of study is not being offered by a school in Maryland (Unique Major). If you plan to attend college out-of-state as a Unique Major, you must have approval from the Scholarship Administration. The phone number to call is 410-767-3301 or you may visit the Maryland Higher education website here.

Click here to download the 2017 Scholarship Application.

In order to qualify for a Senatorial Scholarship, the student must first file the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it before the March 1 deadline as outlined in the FAFSA booklet. The FAFSA, together with this Questionnaire and its attachments, will comprise a student’s scholarship file. Students must reside within the boundaries of the 12th Legislative District in order to receive an award. All complete files will be processed and evaluated by members of my scholarship committee with awards being made by the end of June. Please review the instructions carefully and include all of the requested documentation.

Interest in the Senatorial Scholarship program has continued to increase. Again, this year, I expect to receive a large number of applications and unfortunately, will only have the resources to fulfill some of these requests. You may be assured I will be working closely with the State Scholarship Administration and my Committee to help as many students as possible.

A note to existing awardees: In the past I was permitted to make increases to awards if funds were available. The Maryland Higher Education Commission no longer allows us to change the amount after the initial award.

Should you have any questions or need further information, please contact my office.

Edward Kasemeyer